Cannabis Concentrates (21)
Getting to Know Medical Marijuana
Cannabis or marijuana is usually known as a recreational drug, but this plant has been an effective medicine for thousands of years. Its use might not be allowed in many parts of the world, but a growing number of studies and research have shown that it can give relief and even cure some of the most common diseases and illnesses known to man.
How Does Medical Cannabis Work?
Marijuana contains the mind-altering THC that stimulates the cannabinoid receptors in the brain. It may reduce inflammation, pain, insomnia, nausea, and increased appetite. Another beneficial chemical found in cannabis is cannabidiol (CBD). It is psychoactive but non-euphoric and non-impairing. This means that it does not produce the same high that THC gives.
What Diseases can Cannabis Help Cure?
Where to Buy Medical Marijuana
You can find several brick-and-mortar stores that sell different kinds of medical cannabis products and accessories. However, if you are after convenience, you can get your favourite supplies from online cannabis dispensaries. Simply visit the website of a reputable shop, choose your desired product or accessory, and sit and relax as you wait for your order to arrive at your doorstep.
- Chronic pain – There have been numerous trials proving that cannabinoids can help with pain relief, particularly in severe arthritis.
- Multiple sclerosis – Cannabinoids have shown to help MS patients with one of the disease’s core symptoms: painful muscle spasms.
- Nausea from chemotherapy – Patients undergoing chemotherapy who took cannabis are less likely to experience nausea and vomiting.
- Insomnia – Many people frequently turn to marijuana to help with their sleep problems. There is promising evidence that it has worked for them.
- Epilepsy – Research on the effects of cannabinoids showed that the frequency of seizures dropped among children with treatment-resistant epilepsy.